ACCOUNTS PAYABLE COORDINATOR
Red Wing Publishing Company
Red Wing Publishing Company is the parent company to bigfishworks.com, along with 11 weekly and bi-weekly newspapers, two commercial printing plants and a full-service digital agency, all located in the great state of Minnesota.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for all payments of goods and services necessary for the basic operation of the company. A large portion of this job also encompasses various administrative tasks – purchasing office supplies, obtaining and distributing daily mail, data entry, spreadsheet maintenance, answer phones, report distribution and assistance with monthly general ledger close process.
- Ensure all expenses are properly coded to the proper period and general ledger account number
- Process invoices into computer system ensuring all appropriate approvals have been received
- Schedule and issue checks and prepare for mailing
- Communicate with co-workers, management, vendors and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Manages and completes all projects as assigned
- Maintains accurate and organized records
- Annual 1099 Tax Reporting
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Time Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Technical Capacity
- Project Management
- Financial Management
- Written and Verbal Communication Proficiency
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Normal work hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Due to the evolving nature of the media industry, job responsibilities are subject to change based upon the needs of our company.
Red Wing Publishing is an affiliate of Big Fish Works, a nationally-recognized, award-winning multi-media organization. Its family of weekly newspapers include: Chanhassen Villager, Chaska Herald, Eden Prairie News, Jordan Independent, Prior Lake American, Savage Pacer, Shakopee Valley News, Hutchinson Leader, Litchfield Independent Review and International Falls Journal. Collaboration, Community, Integrity, Passion and Perseverance are our company’s core values.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org